COLLEGE PARK, Ga.– We are waking up next to the World’s Busiest Airport this morning with great anticipation about what will learned today about doing church media ministry.
Church Media U kicks off its Atlanta area workshop within the hour here in College Park next to Hartsfield Airport and I’m looking forward to getting some ideas to take back to my church.
This is the first in a new series of workshops that are aimed at presentation techniques, use of various technologies and social media. I’ll admit it has been a struggle to get here in the middle of the week after Spring Break (For those of us who are educators) and in between two other conferences.
But, I have to believe the Lord led me here for a reason that will be revealed at some point. I am coming into this with 10 QUESTIONS that I hope will be answered:
1) How do I get BEYOND PowerPoint in sharing points in a sermon?
2) Does Media Ministry have to mean Major Investment?
3) What can one do to recruit volunteers who are willing to make this all work?
4) What about the naysayers who say this media thing is all glitter and no substance?
5) Should we be streaming our services and why?
6) What is the most effective way to organize ministry volunteers to do media?
7) How much money does it take to transform one’s worship experience?
8) Is the mission of media ministry different in 2011 than it was 2001 or 1991?
9) How do you use media without taking away from the presentation of the Gospel?
10) How do social media play a role in what we do as the Body of Christ in 2011?
The workshop is only a six-hour workshop and I have carved out a pretty hefty agenda. But, these are certainly questions to ponder and build on even after today.